ISBN-10: 7-30-128991-X, 730128991X
ISBN-13: 978-7-30-128991-4, 9787301289914
English Title: Chinese Breeze: The Competitor
Level: Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 4 (1100 word level)
Chinese Title: 汉语风 - 中文分级系列读物 - 第4级 (1100词级): 竞争对手 (jingzheng duishou)
Shipping Weight: 210g
Size: 140mm x 203mm
Language: simplified Chinese, new words additionally in pinyin and English
Year of Publication: 2017
Publisher: Peking University Press
The Competitor, Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 4 (1100 Word Level). Scan the QR-Code from the back of the book with your mobile device to stream the audio files. There are slow and normal speed files available.
To check if a reader of this series is at your reading level, try to read the following introduction of the story. If the introduction is comprehensible, you will have the ability to understand the full story of this book. Otherwise check other volumes of Chinese Breeze at a different level.
很快，工作上发生了一些非常奇怪的事，方新的前妻还把事情闹到了法院 (fayuan - court)。
Under the auspices of the Beike Corporation, Fang Xin’s software had met with great success in the Chinese market. It was at this time that his ex-wife Xie Hong returned from the U.S., with an investment and partnership offer from her company in tow. Despite knowing the fame and power of the company behind her, Fang Xin refused. Soon, piece by piece, his life fell apart. First a lawsuit from Xie Hong, then a growing mistrust from his wife Xiaoyue. Fang Xin had little choice but to claw his way out of the slow hell his life had become.
A major company offers their help
She returns from America
The software upgrade plan
The foreign company’s female head
There is no way to cooperate
A birthday phone call
Who is the plagiarist?
What is the truth?
9. Meeting in court
10. When will the spring come again?
Answer keys to the exercises
About Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng)
Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng) is a large and innovative Chinese graded reader series which offers over 60 titles of enjoyable stories at eight language levels. It is designed for college and secondary school Chinese language learners from beginning to advanced levels (including AP Chinese students), offering them a new opportunity to read for pleasure and simultaneously developing real fluency, building confidence, and increasing motivation for Chinese learning.
Hànyǔ Fēng has the following main features:
- Eight carefully graded levels increasing from 8,000 to 30,000 characters in length;
- Wide choice of topics, including detective, adventure, romance, fantasy, science fiction, society, biography, legend etc. to meet the diverse interests of adult and young learners;
- Careful selection of most useful vocabulary for actual communication in modern standard Chinese;
- Carefully controlled distribution of vocabulary, highly recycled base words in various contexts;
- Easy to understand, low new word density, and convenient new word glosses and indexes. In lower level readers, new word density is limited to 1.5 - 2%. All new words are conveniently glossed with footnotes upon first apperance;
- Mostly original stories crafted by professional writers teamed with pedagogical experts;
- Attractive plots;
- Authentic and engaging language;
- Fully illustrated texts with appealing layouts;
- A variety of activities with answer keys.