ISBN-10: 7-301-27562-5, 7301275625
ISBN-13: 978-7-301-27562-7, 9787301275627
English Title: Chinese Breeze: Vick the Good Dog
Level: Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 4 (1100 word level)
Chinese Title: 汉语风 - 中文分级系列读物 - 第4级 (1100词级): 好狗维克
Shipping Weight: 180g
Size: 140mm x 200mm
Language: simplified Chinese, new words additionally in pinyin and English
Year of Publication: 2016
Publisher: Peking University Press
Vick the Good Dog, Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 4 (1100 Word Level). Scan the QR-Code from the back of the book with your mobile device to stream the audio files. There are slow and normal speed files available. We do not offer support for download related questions.
To check if a reader of this series is at your reading level, try to read the following introduction of the story. If the introduction is comprehensible, you will have the ability to understand the full story of this book. Otherwise check other volumes of Chinese Breeze at a different level.
维克以前是一只非常有名的军犬 (junquan: military dog)。 有一天，它没有错，却被人用棍子 (gunzi: stick) 重重地打伤了，维克出现r严重的心理 (xinli: mentality) 问题，不能再当军犬了。我们的缉毒 (jidu: to crack down on narcotic trafficking) 犬 (quan: dog) 训导 (xundao: to train) 中心虽然接受了它，但很多人不喜欢它，只有我不知道为什么，一下就喜欢上了它，我相信它一定行!我们一起努力练爿，成了最好的朋友。在缉毒工作中，维克干得很漂亮，成了_只最棒的缉毒犬!不过，想起当时经过的那些困难，还有女朋友差一点儿因为维克离开我，我是又想哭，又想笑......
Vick used to be a famous military dog. One day, for no apparent reason, someone attacked and gravely wounded him with a stick. Due to the resulting emotional trauma, he was discharged. Now, he works with us at the Drug Sniffing Dog Training Center. My coworkers don't like him, but after training him, I've found him to be a brilliant drug-sniffing dog, and we've become the best of friends. Although, when I think back on when we trained together, and to that time my girlfriend left me, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
1. 我当上了缉毒犬训导员 I became a narcotics dog trainer
2. 维克，我愿意做你的朋友 Vick, I’m willing to be your friend
3. 我和维克的关系 Vick and I
4. 真像个缉毒天才 A drug-sniffing genius
5. 同事的担心成了真 My colleagues’ worries became true
6. 拯救维克 Saving Vick
7. 第一次真正进行缉毒工作 Vick’s first real drug raid
8. 维克当上了缉毒英雄 Vick became a drug raid hero
生词表 Vocabulary List
练习答案 Answer key to the exercises
About Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng)
Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng) is a large and innovative Chinese graded reader series which offers over 60 titles of enjoyable stories at eight language levels. It is designed for college and secondary school Chinese language learners from beginning to advanced levels (including AP Chinese students), offering them a new opportunity to read for pleasure and simultaneously developing real fluency, building confidence, and increasing motivation for Chinese learning.
Hànyǔ Fēng has the following main features:
- Eight carefully graded levels increasing from 8,000 to 30,000 characters in length;
- Wide choice of topics, including detective, adventure, romance, fantasy, science fiction, society, biography, legend etc. to meet the diverse interests of adult and young learners;
- Careful selection of most useful vocabulary for actual communication in modern standard Chinese;
- Carefully controlled distribution of vocabulary, highly recycled base words in various contexts;
- Easy to understand, low new word density, and convenient new word glosses and indexes. In lower level readers, new word density is limited to 1.5 - 2%. All new words are conveniently glossed with footnotes upon first apperance;
- Mostly original stories crafted by professional writers teamed with pedagogical experts;
- Attractive plots;
- Authentic and engaging language;
- Fully illustrated texts with appealing layouts;
- A variety of activities with answer keys.