Format: Book + MP3-CD
ISBN-10: 7-301-13713-3, 7301137133
ISBN-13: 978-7-301-13713-0, 9787301137130
English Title: Chinese Breeze: Left and Right - the Conjoined Brothers
Level: Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 1 (300 word level)
Chinese Title: 汉语风 - 中文分级系列读物 - 第1级 (300词级): 向左向右
Shipping Weight: 140g
Size: 130mm x 198mm
Language: simplified Chinese, vocabulary additionally in pinyin and English
Year of Publication: 2008
Publisher: Peking University Press
Left and Right - the Conjoined Brothers, from Chinese Breeze - Graded Reader Series Level 1 (300 Word Level). Including 1 MP3-CD.
To check if a reader of this series is at your reading level, try to read the following introduction of the story. If the introduction is comprehensible, you will have the ability to understand the full story of this book. Otherwise check other volumes of Chinese Breeze at a different level.
向左和向右是两个男孩子的名字，爸爸妈妈也不知道向左是哥哥还是向右是哥哥，因为他们连在一起，是一起出生的连体人（liántǐrén, physically conjoined people）。 他们每天都一起吃，也一起住。他们常常都很快乐。有时候，弟弟病了，哥哥帮他吃药，弟弟的病就好了。但是，学校上课的时候，他们在一起就不方便了……
Left and Right are two brothers. Even their parents don’t know who is older and who is younger, as they are Siamese twins. They must do everything together. They play together, eat together, and sleep together. Most of the time they enjoy their lives and are very happy. When one was sick, the other helped his brother take his medicine and he got better. However, it’s no fun anymore when they sit in class together but one brother dislikes the other’s subjects……
About Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng)
Chinese Breeze (Hànyǔ Fēng) is a large and innovative Chinese graded reader series which offers over 60 titles of enjoyable stories at eight language levels. It is designed for college and secondary school Chinese language learners from beginning to advanced levels (including AP Chinese students), offering them a new opportunity to read for pleasure and simultaneously developing real fluency, building confidence, and increasing motivation for Chinese learning.
Hànyǔ Fēng has the following main features:
- Eight carefully graded levels increasing from 8,000 to 30,000 characters in length;
- Wide choice of topics, including detective, adventure, romance, fantasy, science fiction, society, biography, legend etc. to meet the diverse interests of adult and young learners;
- Careful selection of most useful vocabulary for actual communication in modern standard Chinese;
- Carefully controlled distribution of vocabulary, highly recycled base words in various contexts;
- Easy to understand, low new word density, and convenient new word glosses and indexes. In lower level readers, new word density is limited to 1.5 - 2%. All new words are conveniently glossed with footnotes upon first apperance;
- Mostly original stories crafted by professional writers teamed with pedagogical experts;
- Attractive plots;
- Authentic and engaging language;
- Fully illustrated texts with appealing layouts;
- A variety of activities with answer keys;
- Accompanying audio CDs in MP3 format with two (normal and slow) speed choices.